Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Part 2: What's on my plate?

Hello! It's been a while. I've been busy doing the food series inspired by Hong Yi. This food series has helped me push the limits of my creativity. I've realized there are endless possibilities with food art. I aim to finish 31 food art plates (a total of one month). I still have about 10 more plates to do. Here are some additional food artwork I did.
 
"Pepper Hot Marilyn" made of black peppercorns. I had to stop myself from sneezing while making this. Lol!
 "LMH" made of tea. Especially dedicated to a dear friend.
 Facial, anyone? My "spa-inspired" sandwich made of bread, ham, mayonnaise, ketchup, cheese and cucumber. Red onions for garnishing. Inspired by my friend's spa business.
"Christ" created with bread crumbs. Lenten theme artwork.
"Flamenco Dancer" made of apple and eggplant peels.
 "Easter Basket" made of carrots, celery, bok choy stalks and eggplant peels.
"Cherubs" made of sesame seeds.
 
 "Phoenix" made of Pik-Nik Ketchup Fries, ketchup and mayonnaise.
 "Blowing Bubbles" made of crushed cookies and cereals. 
"Flora" made of beets, bok choy and mayonnaise. I'm a big fan of Georgia O'Keeffe. This was inspired by her flower paintings.


1 comment:

  1. Great job dear! I can't find a favourite cuz all are just too good. Keep up the good work ok! xx.

    ReplyDelete